Learning to Speak

5 Minute Friday blogs – following the prompt “Every Day”.

Every Day I feel like a toddler. I know, I see and I comprehend more than I can speak. I stumble and grasp for words to describe what the Lord is teaching me. I begin to grasp concepts but passion and excitement over take my tongue. How can I put into words what the Holy Spirit is showing me? Intriguing me with? The mystery that isn’t a mystery?

It calls for me to know more – I hunger but cannot yet speak of it. My prayer is to know more of the mind of Christ and His perspective on things. I stumble, I race forward, I crawl always every day reaching. It’s misery, it’s beauty.
I identify with Paul:

“But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.” 1 Cor. 2:10-13

I thank God for the Spirit that allows me to being to learn and grasp. I pray for His words to communicate His messages.

Every Day I am a toddler learning to speak.




For more information on 5 Minute Friday's please check out the Lady's blog that started it all: Gypsy Mamma
Photo compliments of fotolia

3 comments:

Amy W Thornton June 3, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

Oh how true, how true! I feel the same - a toddler learning to speak the language of the Spirit. Hoping that today is the today I reach fluency. Thanks for sharing today. Smiles -

Hyacynth June 3, 2011 at 3:55 PM  

LOVE this! Since becoming a parent, I've often felt like this -- how much of a toddler I must be in His eyes. Even I laugh sometimes at the end of a really hard day at the similarities between me and my almost 2 and almost 4 year olds!

Belle June 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

I have always thought of myself as a slow learner in spiritual things. It takes me so long to really "get" something. But thanks be to God, he is patient!

About Me

My photo
I'm a fun loving, people person, with a passion for ministry and the Lord. My greatest desire is to see people come to realize who they are in Christ and how that effects every area of their relationships and lives.I want to know Him more.