At Home

5 Minute Friday Prompt: Home
The word home brings a million different associations to my mind, but most recently I feel at home where ever it is I can hear the Lord speaking to me. Learning to hear His voice and follow Him as taken me a lot of places, but He is the home that always comes with me. He makes the difference between a job and a ministry, between an apt and a home and being at home with people.  Some people just make you feel at home. In the last 6 months the Lord has put two wonderful older (than me!) godly women in my life who make me feel at home. I feel at home with them because I see the Lord in them. They have taken the charge in Titus 2 seriously and have mentored, discipled, encouraged and challenged me to find my home in the Lord. NJTS and NST you have blessed my life! Thank you for being a safe home for me. A place to be myself, to cry, to be weak, to ask the hard questions, to laugh and when I run out of words you still understand. You comfort me, encourage me, call me out and challenge me when I need it. Your friendships mean more than I can say. Whenever I hear this song I think of you and I cry for the Lord knew how much I needed you in this season of my life!

"Something brought you to my mind today
 - I thought about the funny ways
 you make me laugh
 - And yet I feel like it's ok to cry with you - 
Something about just being with you - 
When I leave I feel like I've been with God - 
and that's the way it ought to be, yeah

 - Chorus: - 
Cause you've been more than a friend to me - 
you fight off my enemies for me
 - cause you have spoken the truth over my life - 
And you'll never know what it means to me - 
just to know you've been on your knees for me
 - Oh, you have blessed my life
 - more than you'll ever know
 - Yeah, yeah, yeah, more than you'll ever know
 - Yeah, yeah, yeah

 - You had faith
 when I had none - 
You prayed God would bring me a brand new song
 - When I didn't think I could find the strength to sing - 
and all the while I've been hoping that I'll
 - do the kind of praying for you that you've done for me - 
and that's the way it ought to be, yeah

 - Chorus

 - You have carried me
 -You have taken on a burden
 - that wasn't your own, yeah
 - may that blessing return to you
 - A hundredfold
 - oh oh yeah, a hundredfold" More Than You'll Ever Know by Watermark

I do pray the blessing will return to you and that I in turn can be a safe haven and a home for other women as you have been to me. Thank you for making me at home!


5 Minute Fridays from the Gypsy Momma
To paint a verbal picture. To just write and not worry if it’s just write or not.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Get a little crazy with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you.

2 comments:

Charity June 17, 2011 at 5:30 PM  

Hello! :o) Visiting you from gypsy mama. Great post. What a blessing to have those two women in your life. God has an amazing way to make even the most unexpected feel like home. God bless. :o)

Amy W Thornton June 17, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

I agree with Charity - great post and what a blessing to have these two women in your life. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on home today. I enjoyed reading this. Smiles -

About Me

My photo
I'm a fun loving, people person, with a passion for ministry and the Lord. My greatest desire is to see people come to realize who they are in Christ and how that effects every area of their relationships and lives.I want to know Him more.